Restoration Stages for Survivors
Once out of “the life” there are three phases in assistance toward a self-sufficient, healthy life:
- Emergency assistance
Chains Interrupted can assist those in crisis get to a safe place and help with immediate needs (food, clothing, shelter, medical care, etc.).
**IF YOU ARE A SURVIVOR IN NEED OF IMMEDIATE ASSISTANCE, PLEASE GO TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM AT MERCY MEDICAL CENTER OR CALL the Iowa Victim Service Call Center at 1-800-770-1650.
Restoration and Transition
Beauty from Ashes Program
The Beauty from Ashes program provides ongoing advocacy and life skills for older youth (ages 18-24) who have found freedom from human trafficking. Participants in this program will be provided a survivor advocate to walk with them as they work to overcome their traumatic past, as well as classes on topics such as boundaries, substance abuse, self-defense, financial skills, healthy habits, etc. Referrals to additional resources available on a case by case basis. To inquire or apply for the Beauty from Ashes Program, please contact Info@ChainsInterrupted.com
The Harbor Home
The Harbor House is a low supervision, independent housing program for participants of the Beauty from Ashes Program (female, ages 18-24) that are in need of housing assistance.
- Willingness to relocate to Cedar Rapids, Iowa for at least two years
- Willingness to participate in outlined programming
- 6 months sobriety
- Ability to attain and hold a job
- Survivor of Trafficking within the last 24 months
- Willingness to work closely with advocates initially then on a regular basis throughout the remainder of the program
- Interview and acceptance into one of our counselor’s services
Program Requirements Upon Acceptance
- Obtain and hold a job. (A program fee is required on a sliding scale once job is obtained)
- Weekly/Bi-Weekly Counseling
- Participation in weekly classes and daily mentoring (financial planning, trauma skills, life skills, boundaries, self-defense, etc.)
- Continue Sober Lifestyle; initial, then random drug testing is required